Song

|
Chapter 3, part 2 is up.  It is brief conversation between the girl and Feast as they reach the edge of the spire plateau and leave the monastery behind.

I have, in two places so far, little bits of song or poetry injected.  They are tough to write.  The first one had sound a bit lurching and ponderous because it is sung by a lonely, half-drunk man.  This second bit is Feast (having that damned song stuck in his head) recalling the chorus to himself.  I'm not at all happy with these bits at the moment, but I'm sticking with my decision not to edit myself during the initial stages.  I know that something like a bit of song or poetry can easily be returned to later and revised, or even changed entirely.  So I left the songs as I they flowed out during those writing sessions, but I'm sure they'll change and grow eventually.

I've gotta come up with a name for the girl that Feast is traveling with.  I know what I've been calling her in my head, which might work, but you never really know until you've put it on the page and see how it looks.  Any suggestions?

I've written the third part, which is just a few hundred words long, and will post it soon.

0 comments: